The Sports Challenge Australia Leadership Program’s primary aim is to use a ‘World First Mentoring Experiential Learning’ model to encourage identified leadership students to develop their innate leadership qualities while learning new skills to produce effective outcomes.
The program has three (3) main parts:
PART A – OBJECTIVE MEASURES
- Objective measures of Self Esteem (SE) and Emotional Intelligence (EI) using a reliable pencil and paper questionnaire
- Full electronic reports are hierarchically ranked to identify your best performing students in (SE) and (EI) for leadership programs
PART B – THE PROGRAM
- The Mentoring experiential learning program allows for ‘world first’ content delivered in both the outdoor and indoor environment
- Each student has their own work journal to develop cognitive leadership skills
- Throughout the program the Sports Challenge mentors complete evaluations of; conflict resolution skills, team work skills, communication skills including verbal and non-verbal skills, empathy and perception skills, social relationships, drive and passion
PART C – EVALUATIONS
At the conclusion of the program evaluations are completed covering;
- Mentor evaluations of all students’ potential leadership capabilities both objectively and narratively
- Skill audits are collated in the key areas outlined in PART B
- Parent and school reports are completed
- Student feedback is completed and results reported to the school
- Each leadership student is linked by email to their mentor at the Sports Challenge website ‘e-pals’, where ongoing support is provided.